Welcome Login

For current information from GSA about COVID19 please click HERE

You are here

Be prepared for the transition from the DUNS Number to the Unique Entity ID (SAM)

By April 4, 2022, the federal government will transition away from the use of the DUNS Number and toward the new Unique Entity ID as the primary means of entity identification for federal awards government-wide.  If you are registered in SAM.gov, you’ve already been assigned a new Unique Entity ID! It’s viewable in your SAM.gov entity registration record. Go to fsd.gov and select the green Help on UEI Transition button to learn more.   

What’s new? You can now get a Unique Entity ID (SAM) from SAM.gov as a stand-alone request. Some of you might be subcontractors or grant subrecipients who don’t need to complete the full entity registration process. You just need the unique entity identifier. Here’s how the new process works: 

To get a Unique Entity ID (SAM): 

  1. Go to SAM.gov and sign in or create an account. 
  2. Select the “Get Started” button from the Entity Management widget displayed in your Workspace.
  3. Select the “Get Unique Entity ID” button near the bottom of the page.
  4. Enter your entity’s information on the next page and follow the system prompts. 

Remember, the DUNS Number is the official entity identifier used by the federal government until April 2022, so you’ll need to get a DUNS Number from Dun & Bradstreet before you can request a Unique Entity ID (SAM).  Enter your entity information exactly as it appears on your Dun & Bradstreet record.

Keep an eye on this space for more information in the near future!


Views: 101

The Integrated Award Environment (IAE) is a government-wide initiative administered by GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS). We manage the suite... More

To stay informed on the group's latest updates, subscribe here.

  • BCMelNorris's picture
  • balagbala's picture
  • derek.gower@esimplicity.com's picture