Welcome Login

For current information from GSA about COVID19 please click HERE

You are here

Security Tip: Linking Documents

The only time during enrollment that identity source documents with different names can be accepted is when both the primary and secondary documents are valid and not expired, and an official linking document is provided linking the two names.

A linking document must have both the former and current legal names on it, and it might include a marriage certificate, certified copy of birth certificate, or court record. 

For example, a married woman may use a current driver's license with her married name, and a certified copy of her birth certificate with her maiden name, as primary and secondary sources of identification as long as she brings a linking document – her marriage license – with both her maiden name and married name on it.

For more information about linking documents and identity document requirements, view the USAccess Acceptable Forms of Identification Guide.


Views: 1123

The GSA USAccess Managed Service Office (MSO) uses this community to communicate the latest USAccess updates to our customer agencies (including... More
3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
12/16/2020 9:00 AM to 12/17/2020 5:00 PM
  • Paige.Shirley's picture
  • DMReeves's picture
  • kerickson's picture